The largest, wealthiest generation in history is now retiring at a rate of 10,000 per day a trend that will continue every day for the next 17 years. The better part of the nearly 80 million Baby Boomers are now in the process of “reverse commuting” — shifting their focus from the workplace to the home-place.
Marketing’s Next Home Run, a thought leadership report from the Natural Marketing Institute and BoomAgers, crunches key baby boomer demographic data to show how aging boomers are redefining aging. The report divides the generation into six categories that encompass diverse lifestyles and emotional triggers:
- The Medonists are pleasure driven and focused on living every moment to its fullest.
- The Forever Young are driven to live a life free of limitations.
- The Me My Body are focused on maintaining a healthy body as the key to a happy, productive life.
- The Higher Consciousness seek balance and spirituality.
- The Mind Expansion are intellectually driven and pursue growth and continuous learning.
- The Rags to Riches seek material rewards and view accomplishment as the measure of personal success.
Despite their diversity, BoomAgers share a desire for a home-centric lifestyle. They’re re-focusing on life at home and looking for simplicity, enjoyable experiences, healthier living and quality of life that synchronize with life at home.
Here are two reports that shed light on BoomAgers: